Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Ira Wolfe considers himself a “Millennial trapped in a Baby Boomer body" and the world’s first Chief Googlization Officer. He’s recognized as one of the top 10 Global Thought Leaders in Future of Work, HR and Leadership by Thinkers 360. He is president of Poised for the Future Company and founder of Success Performance Solutions. Ira has presented on the prestigious red carpet of TEDx and is the author of several books including Recruiting in the Age of Googlization, selected by Book Authority as one of the all-time best HR and Recruiting books.
- In the last year, what seemed “far out” became the present reality. Everything from a technology standpoint accelerated.
- We don’t know what the “new normal” will look like, but YOU have the chance to shape it.
- What if life moving forward is as continuously uncertain as 2020?
- We continue on a path of trying to make a shorter application for hiring, but it is shortening compliance questions rather than identifying qualifications.
- In twelve months, what would a new employee need complete in order for you to consider it a great hire. Most people either don’t know or have metrics that are too vague.
- Learn to adapt and fit into a new environment. There is so much opportunity and hope as long as we don’t try to go back to “the way it was.”
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? The idea of leaders being those who do the right thing and managers being those who do things right.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Influential, purposeful, and empathetic.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? How do I need to change and how do my people and their roles need to change substantially in the next three years?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? The Adaptation Advantage: Let Go, Learn Fast, and Thrive in the Future of Work by Chris Shipley and Heather E. McGowan
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Learn to unlearn. We need to unwire past mindsets that were made for a linear world.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why?” because people have lost their thirst for curiosity. People may pursue knowledge, but it is often in pursuit of expertise in a single area.
CONNECT WITH IRA
- Twitter: @hireauthority
- LinkedIn: in/irawolfe
- Instagram: @googlizationnation
- YouTube: +irawolfe
- Website: http://besthrbook.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!