Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Art Johnson is CEO of Infinity Systems, Inc., a management consulting firm where that helps leaders identify and rectify organizational misalignment. Previously, he implemented a strategic plan to improve alignment at Medtronic, the world’s largest medical technology company, enabling it to grow top-line revenue by 13 percent year-over-year in a flat market. His new book is The Art of Alignment: A Data-Driven Approach to Lead Aligned Organizations.
- Keep your mission and vision in front of your organization – make it visible, hearable, etc.
- Be humble enough to look outside your organization to find better ways to do your work.
- Push decisions down in the org chart so that people who are closest to the problem—those who have the energy and insight to solve the problem—are the ones who also have the power to solve it.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Leaders need to ask more questions than they answer.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Conscientious, consistent, committed.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? Where are the rocks in the road?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction by William Byham and Jeff Cox
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Active listening. We often think we
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” Both. “Why not?” helps people challenge axioms. “Why?” is helpful to define why we’ve to particular conclusions.
CONNECT WITH ART
- Twitter: @orgametrics
- LinkedIn: @infinity-systems-inc
- Website: https://orgametrics.net
- Email: email@example.com
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!