Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Dr. Angela Lauria is the founder of The Author Incubator™ and creator of the Difference Process™ for writing a book that matters. She has been helping people free their inner author since 1994, helping over 1,000 authors-in-transformation write, publish, and promote their books. Angela is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today Best-selling author of 5 books. She has a B.A. and an M.A. in Journalism and Media Affairs from The George Washington University and a PhD in Communications from The European Graduate School and lives in Washington DC.
- Your job description should be a love letter to one person. You will attract fewer people but will attract people who are more willing to invest in you.
- In a job description, describe the candidate: Who the perfect person is for the role, and what the job would do for the person beyond a paycheck.
- Your business must stand for something in order to attract employees who will be committed.
- Match a job description that underscores what is important to your ideal employee at that stage in their life.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Be willing to suck!
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Flexible, confident, and courageous.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? If I were committed to being the best in the world at what I do, what would I be doing now?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Pick on thing.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” To be out of the box, you need to ask forgiveness rather than permission.
CONNECT WITH ANGELA
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!