Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Greg Nance is working to expand education access. Greg is the CEO of Dyad.com, which is a mentorship platform that has helped students earn over $27M in scholarships. He is also the Chairman of Moneythink, a nonprofit providing teens in 30 cities with financial capability mentorship to boost college success. His work has been recognized by President Obama, Harvard Business Review, and the World Economic Forum. Greg has been a Gates Scholar at Cambridge University and a Truman Scholar at UChicago. Greg loves endurance challenges and has solo climbed Mont Blanc, swam across the Nile River, and run 250KM through the Gobi Desert. He recently completed the World Marathon Challenge where he ran 7 Marathons in 7 Days on 7 Continents to help at-risk students overcome the financial barriers to college.
- "Best team wins" put together the best group of people to make a BIG impact!
- Obsessed with doing the best they can for their clients. Try to get the best of these on board with the organization.
- Be intentional about your leadership pipeline by challenging people to "level up."
- Start before you feel ready.
- Titles are dramatically overrated.
- Focus on developing your talent daily.
- Surround yourself with people who have a similar conception of personal growth.
- "Luck surface area" give yourself chances to make amazing connections with the people around you!
- The cost of failure is learning. Take the leap and be prepared to learn.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? "Best team wins" build the best teams and join the best teams you can, and you'll go far.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is… ”Determined, mission-driven, and self-sacrificing.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? "How can I help?"
- What book would you recommend to leaders? How Will You Measure Your Life? Clayton Christensen
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Build a morning routine that allows you to accomplish something of meaning and building momentum for the day.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” "Why not?" and then go for it!
CONNECT WITH GREG
CONNECT WITH JOSH
- DJ Quads | Cruise Around | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/cruisearound
- DJ Quads | Smile | https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/smile
- DJ Quads | It Just Makes Me Happy | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/itjustmakesmehappy
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!