Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Doug Hershberger is the founder of Hershberger Health and Performance in Sarasota, FL, where his mission is to spread evidence-based knowledge and improve the lives of others. In his late teen years, Doug lost nearly 100 pounds after dealing with obesity as a child. He discovered that health and fitness were not only a matter of the physical but also the mental, emotional, social, and even the spiritual sides of life. Doug now holds a master’s degree in Kinesiology and has certifications in weightlifting, strength and conditioning, and nutrition. His evidence-based understanding of physical health and athletic performance stems from the belief that no person deserves to be deceived—especially when it comes to how to treat their own body.
- Become stronger by doing something that's (a) difficult but (b) not stupid
- Health comes first; Performance second.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? "Little often and over the long haul" is the key to success.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Self-aware, emotionally agile, and outcome-focused.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? "Why do I think that?" "What can I learn from this experience?" "How should I respond (or should I)?"
- What book would you recommend to leaders? "Daring Greatly," Brene Brown and "So Good They Can't Ignore You," Cal Newport
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Take 10 minutes each day and do nothing--just sit, breath, or take a walk.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” "Why?" Always be asking “why?” and after you've answered "why?" ask "why?" again.
CONNECT WITH DOUG
CONNECT WITH JOSH
- DJ Quads | Cruise Around | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/cruisearound
- DJ Quads | Smile | https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/smile
- DJ Quads | It Just Makes Me Happy | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/itjustmakesmehappy
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!